I'm in need of attorney for problem withy new house that the builder won't fix


Answers provided for informational purposes only – not intended as professional advice on any particular situation. This site disclaims all liability for Answers.

All Answers (1)


I'm not a lawyer, but I can offer some general advice for finding an attorney for your situation. Here are a few steps you can consider taking:

  1. Research: Start by researching attorneys in your area who specialize in real estate or construction law. Look for attorneys with experience in handling cases involving home builders and construction defects.
  2. Seek recommendations: Ask friends, family, or coworkers if they have any recommendations for attorneys who have successfully handled similar cases.
  3. Bar association referrals: Contact your local bar association or state bar association, as they often offer referral services to help connect individuals with attorneys who can assist them with their specific legal needs.
  4. Consultations: Schedule initial consultations with a few attorneys to discuss your case. During these meetings, you can assess their expertise, experience, and general compatibility with your situation.
  5. Consider specialization: Look for attorneys who specialize in construction defect cases or are familiar with the specific laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.
  6. Check credentials: Verify the attorney's credentials and ensure they are licensed to practice law in your state. You can usually find this information on your state's bar association website.
  7. Review client testimonials and reviews: Read online reviews and testimonials to get an idea of the attorney's reputation and the experiences of their previous clients.

Remember, this is just general advice, and consulting with a qualified attorney will provide you with the best guidance for your specific situation.

...Read More