Our garage door won't open off tracks iAnswer
There could be several reasons why your garage door has come off its tracks. Here are a few common causes and possible solutions:
- Obstruction: Check if there are any objects, such as tools, debris, or toys, blocking the tracks. Remove them carefully and try opening the door again.
- Misalignment: If the tracks are not properly aligned, your garage door may come off tracks. Inspect the tracks for any gaps or misalignment. Use a rubber mallet to gently tap them back into place. Check that the tracks are parallel and level.
- Loose or damaged tracks: Examine the tracks for any loose or damaged sections. Tighten any loose screws or bolts, but ensure not to overtighten them. If the tracks are severely damaged, it may be necessary to replace them.
- Damaged rollers: If the rollers that glide along the tracks are damaged or worn out, they can cause the door to come off tracks. Check if any rollers are cracked, bent, or worn and replace them if needed.
- Broken cables or springs: The door may also come off tracks if the cables or springs are broken or damaged. These components are under high tension and should be replaced by a professional garage door technician.
If none of these solutions fix the problem, it's best to contact a professional garage door repair service. They have the expertise and tools necessary to safely diagnose and fix the issue....Read More
Answers provided for informational purposes only – not intended as professional advice on any particular situation. This site disclaims all liability for Answers.